A healthy alternative to fried food, tender-crisp asparagus emerge from the oven in a golden, cheesy oat crust. This simple, elegant appetizer is perfect for entertaining or just snacking.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly brush a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place oats and parmesan cheese into the bowl of a food processor, along with a generous pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and pulse until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Pour into a shallow dish. Pour eggs into a second dish.
- Dust asparagus spears with oat flour, gently tapping to remove excess.
- One at a time, thoroughly coat asparagus spears in beaten egg, then roll in parmesan oat mixture.
- Place breaded spears on prepared pan, making sure they do not touch.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender-crisp and browned, turning once during baking.