Maple Oatmeal with Quinoa is protein-packed to give you long-lasting energy and stave-off hunger pangs until lunch.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 cups water (750 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml)
- 1 cup rolled oats (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (125 ml)
- 1/3 cup raisins (75 ml)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup pure (25 ml)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ground (1 ml)
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped (50 ml)
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced natural (optional) (50 ml)
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds whole (25 ml)
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds ground (25 ml)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add salt.
- Stir in oats, quinoa, raisins, maple syrup and cinnamon. Cook until water is absorbed and porridge is thick, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, whole and ground flaxseed.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Serve with warm milk.
- Drizzle with extra maple syrup if desired.