Cozy up to a bowl of creamy oats, simmered with real pumpkin and warming spices. It’s simple, satisfying and the pumpkin lends an added boost of fiber and Vitamin A.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1/2 cup quick oats (125 ml)
- 3/4 cup water (250 ml)
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree (30 ml)
- 2 tsp brown sugar (10 ml)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (2.5 ml)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (2.5 ml)
- 2 Tbsp milk or cream (dairy or non-dairy) (30 ml)
- Bring water to a boil. Whisk in pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in oats.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until oats are tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and milk or cream.