Loaded with wholesome oats and flax, Farmland Flax Cookies are a healthy addition to the cookie jar. They’re so tasty, you may forget they’re high fiber.
- 1 1/3 cups butter (325 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar (375 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (300 mL)
- 2 1/3 cups whole flaxseed (575 mL)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (7 mL)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (825mL)
- 1 Tbsp baking soda (15mL)
- 3 cups rolled oats (750mL)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars, add flaxseed.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
Sift together flour and baking soda. Mix in rolled oats and combine with other ingredients.
- Form dough into 4 cm (1 ½ inch) round log. Place in freezer and chill.
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
Slice log into 1/4 inch (6 mm) medallions.
Place on baking sheet leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) between cookies.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and cool on a rack.