Loaded with wholesome oats and flax, Farmland Flax Cookies are a healthy addition to the cookie jar. They’re so tasty, you may forget they’re high fiber.
- 1 1/3 cups butter (325 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar (375 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (300 mL)
- 2 1/3 cups whole flaxseed (575 mL)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (7 mL)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (825mL)
- 1 Tbsp baking soda (15mL)
- 3 cups rolled oats (750mL)
In a bowl, cream butter and sugars, add flaxseed.
In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
Sift together flour and baking soda. Mix in rolled oats and combine with other ingredients.
Form dough into 4 cm (1 ½ inch) round log. Place in freezer and chill.
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
Slice log into 1/4 inch (6 mm) medallions.
Place on baking sheet leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) between cookies.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
Remove from sheet and cool on a rack.