In this tasty, heart-healthy entrée, salmon fillets are brushed with a sweet and savory honey mustard glaze, then topped with oats for a delicious crunch.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup rolled or quick oats (125 ml)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (10 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 2 tsp olive oil (10 ml)
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp honey, warmed slightly to liquify (30 ml)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 6oz/170 grams each)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Place the oats, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with olive oil and stir well to combine.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Stir together mustard and honey. Brush generously over one side of the salmon.
- Generously sprinkle the oat topping over the glazed salmon, then place on a non-stick baking sheet or lightly oiled cast iron pan.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until the salmon is cooked through and oats are golden, about 10 minutes.