The only thing better than a plate full of cookies is a plate-sized cookie! Loaded with chocolate chips and rolled oats, this crowd-pleasing giant cookie bakes in a cast iron skillet. Serve warm with ice cream.
Servings 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (60 ml)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 ml)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (185 ml)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2.5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (2.5 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (375 ml)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (125 ml)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line the bottom of a 9” cast iron skillet with a circle of parchment and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until light in color and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in three additions, stirring after each. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly press dough into skillet, covering bottom completely.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and center tests clean with a toothpick.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.