Servings 23 meatballs
- 700 gr ground pork
- ½ white or yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Glaze or sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- In a skillet, cook the onion with the sesame oil, minced garlic and minced ginger for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Place the ground pork in a bowl, add the oat bran and the pan mixture.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs, a total of about 22 to 24 large meatballs come out.
- Cook in the same skillet until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes total, time depends on how big they are. Touch with your finger and if they feel firm they are ready.
- In a cup mix all the ingredients for the glaze. When the meatballs are cooked, pour the sauce into the pan and cover well. Cook 1 minute more to thicken slightly and serve, we serve it with sticky rice and green beans. Decorate with sesame seeds.