Rise and shine! Our Banana Berry Oatmeal is worth getting up for and will keep you energized all day.
Banana Berry Oatmeal
Ripe banana and bursts of sweet berries swirl through creamy oatmeal. Wake up your taste buds with this simply delicious breakfast for two.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats (250 ml)
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 cup milk dairy or non-dairy, (250 ml)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (1 ml)
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar optional, (15 ml)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup berries fresh or frozen, thawed (250 ml)
- In a saucepan, bring water and milk to a simmer.
- Stir in oats, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats are tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar (if using) and vanilla.
- Gently fold in banana and berries (reserve a few for garnish).
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide oatmeal between two bowls and garnish with reserved fruit.
In a hurry? Substitute 1 cup (250 ml) of quick oats (not instant) for the rolled oats. Simmer for 5 minutes in step 3.