Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy Free, Vegan and topped with a creamy, dreamy frosting!
Gluten-Free,refined sugar-free, dairy free, vegan and topped with a creamy, dreamy frosting!
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, such as almond, or soy
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla expert
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Sprinkles for decorating, optional
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut butter; almond, peanut or cashew
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or more to taste
- Pinch of salt
Preheatoven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients; oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
Add milk to a large glass measuring cup and warm milk in the microwave. To the milk add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla; stir well.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix again.
Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 15-18minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Place muffin pan on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes, remove cupcakes from pan and continue cooling on rack before frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling prepare the frosting.
Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth,adding more milk as needed. Taste to see if you like it a bit more sweetness,if so add another tablespoon of maple syrup. The frosting should be aspreadable consistency.
Transfer frosting to a small bowl and chill for 15 minutes before spreading on cooled cupcakes.
Decorate with sprinkles.
Watch the Video
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.