Sweet and healthy, these breakfast cookies with rolled oats are a perfect grab-and-go meal for busy mornings.
“No Time for Breakfast” Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast! Yes, please. These grab-and-go breakfast cookies are chock-full of healthy ingredients, including oats, to give you long-lasting energy, deliciously.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (250 ml)
- 3 cups rolled oats (750 ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 ml)
- 3/4 tsp salt (3.5 ml)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (15 ml)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (1 ml)
- 1/2 cup almonds flaked, (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet (125 ml)
- 1 cup cranberries dried, (250 ml)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil (160 ml)
- 1 cup applesauce unsweetened, (250 ml)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (180 ml)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (15 ml)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two large baking trays with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients – flour, oats, baking soda, salt, spices, nuts, seeds, dried fruit and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl beat together eggs, oil, applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing well until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop), measure out 24 balls of dough onto prepared baking trays.
- Flatten each cookie with a fork to a uniform thickness (approx. 1/2” thick).
- Note: cookies do not spread in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Once cooled completely, transfer to an airtight container for storage. Cookies will keep at room temperature for one week, or may be frozen for up to three months.