These healthy fritters are baked in the oven, packed with lots of veggies and held together by oat flour.
Veggie Oat Fritters with Yogourt Herb Dip
- 2 cups zucchini grated (squeeze out as much liquid as you can)
- 1 cup carrots grated
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen, (if using frozen, no need to thaw)
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oat flour (to make oat flour place rolled oats into food processor and process until the oats are finely ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
Yogourt Herb Dip
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill if using fresh use 2 tablespoons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using a pastry bush, brush the parchment paper with olive oil.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, place on the prepared baking sheet and flatten with your hands. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Brush the fritters with olive oil.
- Place tray into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Yogourt Dip.
Direction for Yoghurt Herb Dip
- Mix all dip ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Can be made ahead of time.
Watch the Video
Squeeze handfuls of zucchini to remove excess liquid before adding to the mixture. These fritters can be made ahead and reheated in the oven at 400°F, about 10 minutes or until warm. Or you can make ahead and store in the freezer. If cooking from frozen, no need to thaw. Reheat in your oven at 400°F for 20 minutes or until warm.