- 1 cup uncooked oat groats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red or yellow peppers chopped
- 1 cup cucumber seeded and chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 peaches sliced
- ½ olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the oat groats. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Check for doneness after 20 minutes, oats should be tender but still have texture. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add the cooled oats, peppers, cucumber, parsley, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve toss in the sliced peaches and feta cheese. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Regarder la vidéo
You can find oat groats at your local health food store.
Peaches should be ripe but firm.