This moist and lightly-sweet Banana Oat Bread has all the flavour, but less fat and sugar than traditional recipes.
This moist and lightly sweet Banana Oat Bread has all the flavor, but less fat and sugar than traditional recipes. Oats give the bread body and a wonderful crunch on top.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour (375 ml)
- 1 cup rolled oats divided (250 ml)
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats extra for sprinkling, divided (15 ml)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5 ml)
- 4 medium bananas very ripe
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar packed (30 ml)
- 1 large egg beaten
- 6 Tbsp yogurt plain or vanilla (90 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line bottom and two sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Stir in oil, honey, brown sugar, egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (reserving 1 Tbsp oats) in a large bowl. Add banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp oats.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until bread is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before slicing.