Irresistible, bite-sized Cajun-spiced shrimp with a crispy, golden oat breading.
Irresistible, bite-sized Cajun-spiced shrimp with a crispy, golden oat breading will be the hit of your next gathering.
- Combine shrimp, oil, salt and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, stirring well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep, heavy-bottomed pot, to 350°F (175°C)
- Pulse oats in food processor to coarsely chop.
- Set up your breading station: place flour, oats and beaten egg in three shallow bowls.
- Remove shrimp from bag and dredge with flour. Shake off excess.
- Transfer shrimp to egg, turning to coat, then roll in quick oats.
- Fry shrimp in batches for 3-4 minutes, or until until breading is golden and shrimp is cooked through.
Remove from oil, drain on paper towel. Serve with wedges of lemon and tartar or remoulade sauce.