Make your mornings easier with healthy pre-planned overnight oats! Adding oats to your morning makes you fuller longer and adds healthy antioxidants to your diet.
Keep your cool with a delicious no-cook breakfast. Prep your jars on Sunday and have yummy overnight oats all week long – adding milk to tomorrow’s jar will become part of your bedtime routine.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats divided (625 ml)
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts or flaxseeds, divided (30 ml)
- 10 Tbsp dried fruit chopped, (raisins, apricots, dates, cherries, etc.), divided (150 ml)
- 5 Tbsp coconut toasted, divided (75 ml)
- 5 Tbsp almonds toasted, sliced, divided (75 ml)
- 5 Tbsp pumpkin seeds raw, divided (75 ml)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar divided (60 ml)
- cinnamon to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- 4 cups milk dairy or non-dairy, divided (1 l)
- fresh fruit for serving (apples, berries, banana, etc.)
- yogurt vanilla, (optional)
Prep your jars for the week:
- In each clean, dry jar, place 1/2 cup oats.
- Add 1 Tbsp each coconut, almonds and pumpkin seeds to each jar.
- Add 2 Tbsp dried fruit and 1 rounded tsp hemp or flax to each jar.
- Add 1-2 tsp brown sugar, a large pinch of cinnamon and a small pinch of nutmeg to each jar.
Each night before bed:
- Stir 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) into ONE jar.
- Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning:
- Top your overnight oats as desired. Add your choice of fresh fruit (1/2 an apple, finely chopped or grated, 1 small banana, sliced, or 1/3 cup fresh berries), or some yogurt and granola.