You will love this recipe because of how easy and practical it is. We love to serve these pork meatballs with sticky white rice and grilled green vegetables like broccoli, green beans, or asparagus.
It’s the perfect pairing with the 5 Ingredient Homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce that you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make at home. You can use this sauce for other preparations, it is delicious with chicken, salmon, shrimp, etc.
Pork is the stickiest of the ground meats so you don’t need to use an egg in this recipe compared to using ground beef. To make them perfect and healthier, I added oat bran which is much lighter than oatmeal and gives it a delicious flavor.
- 700 gr ground pork
- ½ white or yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Glaze or sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- In a skillet, cook the onion with the sesame oil, minced garlic and minced ginger for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Place the ground pork in a bowl, add the oat bran and the pan mixture.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs, a total of about 22 to 24 large meatballs come out.
- Cook in the same skillet until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes total, time depends on how big they are. Touch with your finger and if they feel firm they are ready.
- In a cup mix all the ingredients for the glaze. When the meatballs are cooked, pour the sauce into the pan and cover well. Cook 1 minute more to thicken slightly and serve, we serve it with sticky rice and green beans. Decorate with sesame seeds.