This moist and lightly sweet Banana Oat Bread has all the flavor, but less fat and sugar than traditional recipes. Oats give the bread body and a wonderful crunch on top.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour (375 ml)
- 1 cup rolled oats divided (250 ml)
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats extra for sprinkling, divided (15 ml)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5 ml)
- 4 medium bananas very ripe
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar packed (30 ml)
- 1 large egg beaten
- 6 Tbsp yogurt plain or vanilla (90 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line bottom and two sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Stir in oil, honey, brown sugar, egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (reserving 1 Tbsp oats) in a large bowl. Add banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp oats.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until bread is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before slicing.