Irresistible, bite-sized Cajun-spiced shrimp with a crispy, golden oat breading will be the hit of your next gathering.
Prep Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 10 oz shrimp frozen raw peeled, thawed and drained, bag 70/90 (300 g)
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (15 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2.5 ml)
- 2 tsp canola oil (10 ml)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (125 ml)
- 1 cup quick oats (250 ml)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- canola oil for frying
- Combine shrimp, oil, salt and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, stirring well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep, heavy-bottomed pot, to 350°F (175°C)
- Pulse oats in food processor to coarsely chop.
- Set up your breading station: place flour, oats and beaten egg in three shallow bowls.
- Remove shrimp from bag and dredge with flour. Shake off excess.
- Transfer shrimp to egg, turning to coat, then roll in quick oats.
- Fry shrimp in batches for 3-4 minutes, or until until breading is golden and shrimp is cooked through.
Remove from oil, drain on paper towel. Serve with wedges of lemon and tartar or remoulade sauce.