One day my son and I were craving brownies or something with chocolate, but I wanted to make a much healthier and more practical version, so I made this oatmeal for a sweet dinner and my son loved it.
I clarify that it is not a brownie itself, it is a chocolate-flavored oatmeal that is baked to simulate a cupcake or brownie. It is chocolatey and delicious and the mixture is prepared in the blender, all in less than 5 minutes.
If you like it very sweet just adjust the amount of honey or sweetener you add and top it with your favorite toppings.
Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips or 1 bar of 40 gr of chocolate hersheys
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Blend all the ingredients except the chocolate chips: oat flakes, applesauce, egg, maple syrup or honey, peanut butter, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into a greased oven-safe pan.
- Top with the chocolate chips or chocolate you chopped into small pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, the time depends on the type of pan you used. It is ready when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Watch the Video
The applesauce can be homemade, which is just cooked and peeled apples that you blend with cinnamon, or commercial applesauce that you buy at the supermarket.