In this tasty, heart-healthy entrée, salmon fillets are brushed with a sweet and savoury honey mustard glaze, then topped with oats for a delicious crunch.
In this tasty, heart-healthy entrée, salmon fillets are brushed with a sweet and savory honey mustard glaze, then topped with oats for a delicious crunch.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or quick oats (125 ml)
- 2 tsp thyme fresh, chopped (10 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 2 tsp olive oil (10 ml)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard grainy (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp honey warmed slightly to liquefy (30 ml)
- 4 salmon skinless, fillets, about 6oz/170 grams each
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- canola oil or olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Place the oats, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with olive oil and stir well to combine.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Stir together mustard and honey. Brush generously over one side of the salmon.
- Generously sprinkle the oat topping over the glazed salmon, then place on a non-stick baking sheet or lightly oiled cast iron pan.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until the salmon is cooked through and oats are golden, about 10 minutes.