Following a gluten-free diet shouldn’t mean that you have to give up pizza! Our easy, gluten-free dough, made with oat flour, contains yeast and olive oil for an authentic pizzeria taste. This recipe makes one large, thin-crust pizza in about the same time it takes to call for delivery.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 1 14" pizza
- 1 cup warm water (100 - 110°F) (250 ml)
- 2 tsp honey (10 ml)
- 1 package active dry yeast (not instant)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 3 cups oat flour (750 ml)
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 1 cup pizza sauce, store-bought or homemade (250 ml)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (750 ml)
- Your favorite toppings (sliced pepperoni or ham, cooked bacon, grilled chicken, sliced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, sliced green or black olives, pineapple tidbits, sliced red onion, artichoke hearts, etc.)
To make dough:
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, stir together warm water, honey and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until fully dissolved. Stir in olive oil.
- Measure 3 cups of oat flour into a large bowl (you should have extra for dusting). Add salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Stir to combine. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Use additional oat flour on your hands to keep dough from sticking.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest while oven preheats and you prepare your toppings.
To make pizza:
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Press dough thinly into a non-stick (or well-oiled) 14” pizza pan.
- Add sauce, your favorite toppings and cheese (or sauce, cheese and toppings)
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is baked and cheese is bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice and serve.