If you are craving something healthy and sweet, this is the recipe you need to try. This recipe is vegan and uses only one bowl!
Double Chocolate Oat Zucchini Brownies
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray an 8×11-baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place oats in food processor and process until finely ground. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the nut butter butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda, instant coffee and salt; mix until well combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Cool brownies in the pan on a wire rack until completely cooled, then cut into squares and enjoy!