My kids and everyone in my house loved these Greek burgers.
The meat mixture is delicious and full of flavor. For a change I used ground turkey (turkey) but you could also use ground chicken that has the same sticky texture as turkey, at least in Mexico they are much stickier. Check the video so you can see how the meat is prepared.
I prepared an express sauce with yogurt and herbs that helps to perfectly complement the flavors of the burger.
- 500 gr ground turkey or chicken
- ¾ cup finely chopped spinach
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hamburger ‘bread
- Cucumber sliced
- Tomato in red
- Red onion sliced
- Finely chop the spinach, if you use a bunch of spinach instead of baby spinach, remove the stems to chop only the leaves. Finely chop the onion and chop the dehydrated tomatoes. You can use dried tomatoes or those that come in oil, it works with both.
- Mix all the meat ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated: ground meat, chopped spinach, dehydrated tomato, red onion, feta cheese, oatmeal and season with oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- When everything is incorporated, divide the mixture in 5 and shape the burgers with your hands. Make them bigger than the bread you are going to use because they will get smaller when cooking.
- The mixture is sticky, it is normal because it is turkey meat. Flatten them, I used wax paper or wax paper to help me shape them and then transfer them to the pan.
- Cook on the griddle or oiled skillet for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked on the inside.
- Serve in hot buns with the yogurt sauce and vegetables. I used tomato, red onion and sliced cucumber that I recommend you season with salt and pepper.
Watch the Video