Start your day with this healthy and delicious recipe.
Temps de préparation 5 minutes
Temps de cuisson 15 minutes
Sert 2.5 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 cups 200 grams large flake oats
- 2 tablespoons 40 grams honey
- 1 tablespoon 15 grams brown sugar (packed)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup 25 grams slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons 15 grams shredded coconut
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and allow to melt. Add the oats and cook, stirring often, until light golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the pan.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, as well as the honey, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir until bubbly, then continue cooking 2-3 minutes.
- Add the toasted oats back to the pan along with the almonds and coconut. Stir until coated.
- Press the granola down to form a flat layer and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir and repeat until evenly toasted and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes total.
- Spread granola out onto a parchment-lined plate or baking sheet and firmly press into a single layer (this helps to create nice, large granola clusters – if you prefer fine granola, you can spread it out on the pan to cool more quickly). Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes until room temperature.
- Serve or store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.