Our golden and addictively crunchy Olive Oil Granola, studded with nuts, seeds and dried fruit, is made with maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt for the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Temps de préparation 10 minutes
Temps de cuisson 20 minutes
Temps total 30 minutes
Sert 8 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats (750 ml)
- 3/4 cup coconut unsweetened shredded (180 ml)
- 1 cup almonds slivered (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds raw (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds raw (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (125 ml)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed (75 ml)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (125 ml)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt coarse, plus extra for sprinkling (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 cup cranberries dried, or tart dried cherries, chopped (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup apricots dried, chopped (125 ml)
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and flax.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together maple syrup (or agave), sugar, olive oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients over oat mixture and stir well, until all ingredients are well-coated. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spread evenly over one or two lightly oiled or sprayed rimmed baking trays, pressing down lightly. Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir granola, spreading evenly before returning to the oven. If you are using two baking trays, rotate position (up and down) after stirring.
- Bake for an additional 5 - 10 minutes, watching carefully towards the end. Granola should be toasted throughout and golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before breaking into clumps.
- Once cool, add dried fruit, stir and transfer to airtight containers.